CIRQUE DU SO GAY V IS
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2013
You may register on-site at the starting line beginning at 4:00pm.
Ride will begin at 5:00pm on October 5th at 2801 21st Ave S.
By registering you are agreeing to the race rules below. When you are done reading them, click "That sounds easy! Take me to registration!" to complete the process!
These rules are to cover our asses and those of our supporters and beneficiaries lest a few bad seeds want to ruin it for everyone. Thanks for bearing with us; it will save us tons of time at registration!
Cirque du SoGay Rules and then some:
1. Race will begin promptly at 5pm. You can show up as early as 4pm to check-in, get your manifest/map and flirt with hot people.
2. All stops will close at 7:45pm. You must be at the Heart of the Beast by 8:00pm to get credit for the stops you completed.
3. Follow all traffic signals and rules of the road. You are riding at your own risk. QBG is not responsible for any injuries or penalties you may incur on your ride. Be careful and have fun.
4. Helmets use is required to win prizes. We can’t force you to wear a helmet when you ride, but we can incent you. We are bike advocates and have heard pretty much all the arguments for and against helmets. Ultimately we don't want to wonder *if* a helmet would have prevented a head injury. Not on our watch. Deal with it. A limited supply of helmets will be available at the starting line. Need a helmet? Get a helmet. Think helmets are stupid? Use one for the ride and give it back and we'll clean it up and use it next year. Helmet won't fin on your head? Hm, well, maybe we can talk about that one. Otherwise, wear it to win it. Thanks.
5. Don’t be a jerk to your fellow racers or volunteers. Those volunteers are judging you for prizes; attitude counts!! As RuPaul says, “Don’t f*ck it up.”
6. You must be present at Heart of the Beast to win prizes.
7. Judges’ decisions are final. Deal with it.
8. People will probably be taking photos/video of you. Deal with it. If you are that uncomfortable being captured on film, let us know at registration and we will do our best to keep you off the internet and otherwise out of the public eye, but we can't make any promises as we are unable to control what other participants capture and distribute for personal or public use.
9. You're not going to sue us and understand that your registration constitues your agreement to the following:
IN CONSIDERATION of being permitted to participate in any way in the QBG/Cirque du SoGay Bicycling Activities ("Activities"), I, for myself, my personal representatives, assigns, heirs and next of kin:
1. ACKNOWLEDGE, agree, and represent that I understand the nature of bicycling activities and that I am qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such activity. I further acknowledge that the activity will be conducted over public roads and facilities open to the public during the Activity and upon which hazards of traveling are to be expected. I further agree and warrant that if at any time I believe conditions to be unsafe, I will immediately discontinue further participation in the activity.
2. FULLY understand that: (a) BICYCLING ACTIVITIES INVOLVE RISKS AND DANGERS OF SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS, AND DEATH ("RISKS") (b) these risks and dangers may be caused by my actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activity, the condition in which the Activity takes place, or THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE "RELEASEES" NAMED BELOW; (c) there may be OTHER RISKS AND SOCIAL AND ECONOMICAL LOSSES either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I FULLY ACCEPT ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES I incur as a result of my participation in the Activity.
3. HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE QBG, their respective administrators, organizers, agents, officers, volunteers and employees, other participants, any sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises on which the Activity takes place (each considered one of the "RELEASEES" herein), FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ON MY ACCOUNT CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED ON WHILE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE "RELEASEES" OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING NEGLIGENT RESCUE OF OPERATIONS; AND I FURTHER AGREE that if, despite this RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against any of the RELEASEES, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEES from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which may occur as the result of such claim.
4. FULLY understand that: (a) IF I AM NOT OF LEGAL AGE TO CONSUME ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, PARTICIPATING IN THIS EVENT DOES NOT ALLOW ME TO LEGALLY DO SO and (b) QBG IS NOT LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENCES - legal or social - that may occur as a result of my personal decision to follow or not to follow the laws created by the State of Minnesota regarding the consumption of alcohol by underage individuals.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE. I INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW AND AGREE THAT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS AGREEMENT IS HELD TO BE INVALID THE BALANCE, NOTWITHSTANDING, SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT.